This is an unpublished work the copyright in which vests in the Cyber Security Challenge UK Limited. All rights reserved. The information contained herein is the property of Cyber Security Challenge UK Limited and is supplied without liability for errors or omissions. No part may be reproduced, disclosed or used except as authorised by contract or other written permission. The copyright and the foregoing restriction on reproduction, disclosure and use extend to all media in which the information may be embodied.
Your privacy is important to Cyber Security Challenge UK. Where we need personal information from you, we will in all circumstances strive to adhere to the following core principles:
Your personal information will be:
- … processed fairly, lawfully and you will be informed as to the nature of that processing;
- … collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not processed in a manner which is incompatible with those purposes;
- … adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- … adequate and where necessary kept up to date;
- … kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- … processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
The Challenge will only capture and process personal information for legitimate business purposes, for the marketing, management and administration of competitions and events and for the purposes of fulfilling contractual obligations with our partners and sponsors.
Under no circumstances will we sell or make commercial use of personal information provided to us in good faith without prior, written, specific and explicit consent.
Personal Information Collection
The Challenge may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of our website (including cookies);
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering for Challenge competitions and events;
- demographic information (e.g. age, gender, residence locale) for anonymised analysis and reporting purposes;
- information about transactions carried out through our web channels (including web site and social media).
In each case, the Challenge will take reasonable measures to ensure that you understand what information is being requested and the purposes to which it will be put.
You have the right to request updates to your personal information at any time to ensure that they remain accurate.
You have the right to request that your personal information be removed from all the Challenge systems. Subject to legal restrictions, the Challenge will honour such requests without undue delay and in any event within 40 days of the request being received.
Using Personal Information
The Challenge may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services, including online competitions;
- send you marketing communications, subject to specific and explicit permission.
Where the Challenge discloses your personal information to its sponsors, agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obliged to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this statement, the Challenge may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your Information
The Challenge will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The Challenge will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers in encrypted form.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by appropriate encryption technology.
Cross-border Data Transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Updating this Statement
Our website contains links to other websites. The Challenge is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact the Challenge